Tips, Hours & Directions
- We feed our bears at 10:30am and 1:30pm daily (unless they’re hibernating)! Other feedings or animal activities may be scheduled by the Shift Supervisor. Our Admissions Attendant can tell you the schedule when you arrive.
- Visiting near when we open at 10:00am, when it’s cool, will increase your chances to see our nocturnal predators active before they start their daily naps.
- We have docents available throughout the day, so bring your questions!
- Animal Ark does have a gift shop (all proceeds support Animal Ark) which sells snacks, drinks, and ice cream.
- Bring a picnic and enjoy lunch at our large picnic and playground area.
- Our trail is approximately one mile of compact dirt and decomposed granite (DG). Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Strollers are permitted, but the small-wheeled umbrella style strollers do not roll well on our trail.
- We have golf carts available for a donation to those elderly or handicapped guests unable to walk the trail.
- In the case of inclement weather, call before you come. We will update our answering machine to reflect any changes to our operating hours due to weather.
- Pets are not allowed in the park.
Regular Admission Prices
- $11.00 for adults
- $10.00 for seniors (62+)
- $7.50 for children (3-12)
- free for children ages 2 and under
Be sure to visit our Events page as admission prices vary for Special Events.
Standard Members receive free admission during normal operating hours and 50% off daytime Special Events. Platinum Members receive free admission during all normal operating hours and Special Events except Out of Africa. Visit our Membership page to learn how you can obtain these and other great benefits!
Open March 18, 2017 – November 5, 2017
Tuesday through Sunday: 10:00am – 4:30pm
We are open on Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day!
Animal Ark attempts to open for Thanksgiving Weekend, Martin Luther King Weekend, and Presidents Day Weekend. Check out our Events Page for times and prices!
Animal Ark Directions
Directions from Reno
Take US 395 North to Red Rock Road (Exit 78). Turn right and drive 11.5 miles to Deerlodge Road. Turn right on Deerlodge Road, drive 1 mile and turn right into signed driveway.
Please call ahead if there is any concern over inclement weather.
(Must dial 1-775 even from Reno area).